Workaround for album art sync bug with Ipod Affect

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

bluehorseshoe76
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 i:31 pm

Workaround for anthology art sync problems with Ipod Affect

Been having issues transferring album art to Ipod Touch using the new MM alpha...music transferred fine buy no album art. To work around this to create the repository on the Ipod:
one) Articulate all files from iPod
2) Close MM and open up iTunes (I know, BOOO)
3) Sync/drag one song to Ipod you know has properly tagged album art
4) Shut iTunes
5) Reopen MM Alpha
half dozen) Syncing songs moving forrad should transfer album art w/songs

Let me know if this works out and if you find a better workaround :)

Invitee

Re: Workaround for album art sync issues with Ipod Touch

Postal service by Invitee »

Indeed this does in fact work. Exactly every bit you lot suggested.

Prior to doing this, no permutation would get any encompass art. Only there does still seem to be the result of non syncing if "copy art to folder" is selected. At whatever charge per unit, a "seed" file woth expert encompass art from Itunes does appear to do the play a joke on. Over one,000 added since (near with embrace art) and they all piece of work now.

Thanks.

jiri
Posts: 5411
Joined: Tue Aug xiv, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Czech republic
Contact:

Post by jiri »

I haven't encountered this problem yet. If yous come across such a problem, before fixing it delight east-postal service me content of you iPhone/iTouch, namely iTunesDB and Artwork folder. You lot tin can use east.grand. http://code.google.com/p/iphonelist/ awarding to admission files on your device.

Thanks,
Jiri

Guest

Mail by Guest »

Jiri,

It happened to me only with an empty Ipod (32Gig Touch on). I could non become any artwork to sync at all until after I placed at least one vocal with valid artwork from inside Itunes. After that, MM3 works fine. Same settings, nothing else changed except a "seeded" information technology with an Itunes file offset. I volition purge the music (sigh) and try again. If information technology fails once again, I will send those files to you lot.

FYI Setup is:

32 Gig Itouch (1.1.iii+apps) OTB
Windows Vista SP1

bitstream
Posts: three
Joined: Fri February 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Mail service by bitstream »

Jiri,

Seems to be an issue with a virgin Ipod. Later I did the tasks in this mail, it worked perfectly, even later I wiped the files and tried again. Seems there may be some structure that Itunes creates the first time you sync a file that MM3 is not. Yous should be able to reproduce it if you do a restore of the OS on the Itouch and try and sync it with cover fine art. I may get aggressive enough to effort and wipe out my Itouch and restore it to reproduce it.

bitstream
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb xv, 2008 11:31 pm

Mail by bitstream »

OK, I call up I found the problem. MM3 does non create an "Artwork" folder. I copied three songs with MM3 to a virgin Ipod Touch 32G running 1.1.iii. Using IphoneList, I can see in that location is no Artwork folder at all (Earlier or subsequently the sync). However, when I delete all of the files and sync the aforementioned iii songs with Itunes, an Artwork folder is created. Later on that, any files I sync with MM3 take artwork. I call up this problem gets stock-still by either having had synced the iPhone/iPod prior, or MM3 must create the folder if it doesn't be.

Jiri, I accept sent the iTunesDB file, but there was no artwork folder. I volition ship the working version also.

bluehorseshoe76
Posts: xi
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 ane:31 pm

Postal service past bluehorseshoe76 »

Thanks for sending over bitstream....Jiri let me know if you lot need a specific file and I will replicate the trouble again. Thanks again to all for your diligence in finding a solution....I dread every hr I have to keep ITunes on my motorcar :-?

iNVi
Posts: 8
Joined: Saturday Feb 16, 2008 i:42 pm

Post by iNVi »

why does that not worke at my touch?
does an reset, did an update to ane.1.iii aught helped...

bitstream
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 eleven:31 pm

Post by bitstream »

iNVi,
Is iTunes configured to transfer Anthology Fine art? If it isn't, then it doesn't creat the Artwork directory. Yous have to accept accept 1 file that you really see the artwork on your iPod from iTunes before this will work.